Skip to main content

Easter Time

Working in a school means I get the joys of having plenty of holidays, or I'd like to think, so here's what happened with my holidays:
I got 4 days off for Easter and it was lovely.


On Good Friday We had originally planned to go to Chester Zoo and take my nephew, but the weather wasn't looking too good, so we went to my brother's house instead. I hadn't seen them for about a month, but while i was there i got to see my nephew standing up on his own, it was magical, I'm so proud of how well he's doing. My brother put out a lovely spread for us all, it was just delicious. Time always seems to fly by when we get together. And I love the time we all get to spend together.
With Isaac only being 9 months old and dairy free we didn't get him an Easter egg, but what we did get him was a dairy free lolly pop and 2 dinosaur teddies; we named them Tyrone and Tracey haha.

 He absolutely loved them, was besotted by Tyrone. We must have talked and played for hours.

Then Saturday came around and it was another early start, I was getting ready to go and meet my mum in Chester, have a catch up and exchange Christmas and birthday presents as we hadn't had the chance to see each other.
So mum had told me before I got there that she had a little surprise for us, I wondered what it could be. Once I met her we had a little wonder around the shops, went into TK Maxx - because who doesn't love the Home Sense section! Then went to the hairdressers as mum had an appointment, after she was done it was almost time for our surprise, she told me she had booked Afternoon Tea for us. We walked to Blossoms Hotel where it was booked, it was beautiful inside and out.
They had a beautiful spiral staircase, different rooms we could choose from to have our tea and the atmosphere was lovely, so quiet and tranquil, but generally think I may have to come back one day and actually stay there, it was lovely.

   
      



 The Afternoon tea consisted of; a selection of sandwiches, mini cakes, scones, tea/coffee/juice and a choice of Prosecco, Mum insisted we had some because it should be done properly as she put it, and yes it was perfect.
We have decided now that we must go round places and try out different places to have afternoon tea, as this is now our second time. Last year for Mother's Day I booked us into Patisserie Valerie which we thought was a lovely cafĂ© with lovely food.
So after almost 2 hours of chatting, eating and sipping our drinks we had another wonder around the shops before heading home, where we bumped into this guy outside of WHSmiths;

It's The Gruffalo. 
Easter Sunday was a good day, I did nothing all day except watch movies, but not just any movie, Disney Movies. Can't beat it if you ask me.
Think I watched Toy Story, Toy Story 2 and Moana (can't remember if there was anything else). It was just nice to sit down and do nothing after a busy couple of days. 







Tuesday 3rd April, it soon came round, I didn't really do much on Monday to be honest. But being Tuesday it only meant one thing - alarm had gone off. But wait it's the holidays I should have a lie in, nope, not for me, I work during the holidays helping out in holiday club, it's actually so much fun, tiring and stressful at times but fun. We get to play games, colour, go to the beach, the park, have a bouncy castle and do face painting, and I get paid for all that. 
I have now just come to the end of my holidays and back to reality come Monday. It's Saturday 14th and Grand National Day, so as I finish writing this post I am going to play outside with our dog and wait for the race to begin. 

I hope you all have a lovely weekend whatever you do 
xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q&A

I thought I'd do a little blog about me, I put a tweet out on twitter to see if there was anything you'd like to know about me, and although I only got one question thought I'd go ahead and do it anyway. Q : A little about myself A : I'm Helen. I'm 31, married to Paul with a pooch and kitty. and A qualified Teaching Assistant Q : What are my interests A : Disney and anything Disney related Q : How did I choose my blog theme (question from Twitter) A : I decided to go through all the different themes until I found one I liked, pink is one of my favourite colours so it was only fitting that I had pink in my theme. Q : Favourite holiday A : Always Orlando, Florida Q : Favourite Disney Character A : Winnie the Pooh, but I do love Rex from Toy Story, favourite Princess is Ariel Disney has always been a big part of my life and I've been lucky enough to visit Disney World in Florida a good few times. Back in 2015 I went back and took my hubby with

Look back at our Orlando holiday 2015 - Part 1

One thing you should know about me is that I love Disney, but when I go to Orlando I do love seeing Universal Studios. These two places are my absolute favourites. No other places compare. If I'm not talking about them then I am dreaming about them, they are constantly on my mind, I even wear clothes that represent them and have quite the collection now. I'm going through a moment where all I want to do is look at holidays to Orlando, but working in schools means I have to go during the school holidays so prices can be extraordinary. I may have to do this post in two parts - Universal Studios and Walt Disney World. So let's get on with it. Let's begin with Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. I absolutely love these parks, and this time round it was so much more exciting for me, and here's why; So when I went back in September 2015 I went with my husband Paul and my Dad. It was Paul's first time so this meant more to me than ever, because I thoug

What I Got For Christmas

  As the end of the year is getting very close I thought I'd do a 'What I got for Christmas' blog. this isn't me bragging, just sharing with you how grateful I am for what I've received this year. My husband never fails with his gifts, he knows me inside and out - and you'll see that soon enough. But first of all I wanted to say a big thank you to all the children I work with in school, I was so overwhelmed with what I received, I have only been at the school for 3 months so wasn't expecting a thing, so to have all these lovely gifts was just so thoughtful of them. I may add that I do work in 2 different schools and so I did receive a few bottles of 'teacher juice' from my second school. Going forward, I opened my gifts from my brother, sister in law and baby nephew, and oh my gosh I was amazed, literally THE best present I've ever received from them... first I got a gorgeous pink robe with my name on, which was thoughtful in itself,